Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1) by Chantal Fernando

Posted by miss fifi at Tuesday, May 20, 2014

0.87 If-That's-Not-A-Joke-I-Don't-Know-What-Fucking-Is Star


The book was VERY funny, but not in a GOOD way.



Lets take a look at the cover, first..



description




Me: RIP to ORIGINALITY.



Now, lets take a look at the blurb:



When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.


Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.




Me: Okay, a VICE PRESIDENT instead of just a mere member, this should be interesting...



Tragically, I was WRONG and had to endure a very torturous read thanks to it.. :/



But then it made me laugh like a LOT!



Joke #1: Him (Yeah, I am referring to the VICE PRESIDENT here) being mad..



He takes a deep breath, as if calming himself. “I’ve been looking for you for two days. I’m trying not to lose my fuckin’ temper here, Faye, but you’re pushing me. I don’t think I’ve ever been this patient in my fuckin’ life.”

This is him patient?
“I’m not going anywhere,” I reply, lifting my chin up.
We stare at each other, the tension building.
I can actually feel the moment before he snaps.
His fists clench, and the tightness in his jaw looks almost painful.
I step back, into the frame of the open bathroom door as he loses it.
He picks up the TV and throws it into the wall. The crashing sound makes me jump, but he doesn’t stop there. He punches the wall several times, then slides the few glasses off the table in one smooth movement.




A TV!!! Can't get my mind over it, plus I had this gif in mind when I came across the scene:



description




and that led to this:



description




That is if he were a cartoon character, which he was fucking not! In the end, it made me feel like, "Are you fucking serious, throwing a tantrum like that?!" and this pissed me off like a lot because she was in the fucking room and she was pregnant at that but he didn't fucking care bout her safety at all!



Joke #2: A normal conversation with a normal person.



“Another high distinction. Well done Faye,” my lecturer says, smiling down at me.

“Thank you, Sir.”
“Are you ready for the mock trials next week?” he asks, referring to the mock courtroom cases we participate in as a part of this unit.
“I am. I can’t wait to get into the courtroom,” I tell him.
He smiles. “You’re going to be a great lawyer, Faye.”
“Thank you Sir. I’ll see you next week.”




I know that I was reading the conversation and not listening to it..but seriously, I can't even feel a glimpse of emotion in the sentences! No excitement, not whatsofuckingever! More like they were like these:



description




Kristen Stewart again and again I guess *sighs*



Joke #3: Cliches!



“Your body is fuckin’ amazing, you know that?” he whispers as he stares at me completely naked.

- RIP to GUYS WHO FUCKING SHUT UP AND JUST DEVOUR THAT BODY INSTEAD OF OPENING THEIR MOUTHS SAYING WHATEVER IT IS THAT THEY THINK THE GIRL WANNA HEAR


The way he’s staring at me right now… I don’t think I’ve ever felt so beautiful in my life.

- RIP to PRETTY GIRLS who FUCKING realize that THEY'RE PRETTY


I’m four months pregnant when I start to show. And that’s when everything goes to hell. My parents find out and tell me to leave. No second chance. No discussion. My mother just tells me to be gone by the end of the day. My father looks sad but doesn’t dare go against her wishes.

- RIP to GOOD PARENTS in FICTION LAND.


Well, not my cuppa of tea, like EVER?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review