Friday, March 21, 2014

Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel

Posted by miss fifi at Friday, March 21, 2014

0.99 i-Shouldn't-Have-Read-It-But-I-Was-In-My-Weak-Moment-Or-It-Could-Be-Just-My-Usual-Crazy-Moment Star

*please excuse my COLORFUL language, the world is too dull in black and white*

If it's not clear enough for you, I'll spell it out : I. HATE. THE. BOOK. 


description




We're thirteen girls, captive, slave to our master. 
A master we've never seen.
Obedience will become all we know in our shallow existence. It is the only emotion we're permitted to feel.
When we're bad, we're punished. When we're good, we're rewarded. 
Our scars run deep. Yet we survive, because we have to... 
because HE teaches us to.
All of us are special, we feel it with everything we are.
He has us for a reason, but it's a reason we don't know.
We've never seen his face, but we know that something deeply broken lies beneath the darkness. With every touch, with every punishment, we know it. 
Then something changed. 
He showed me who he truly is.
Now I want him.
I'll go against everything I know to be with him. 

A monster. 

My monster. 

Loving him is a sin, but a sinner I am. I won't stop until I see every part of him. Even the parts he keeps locked deep down inside. 

I am Number Thirteen, and this is my story.



description

description

1. Ridiculous - He bought thirteen girls as his slave because he wants them to have a better life, compared to their previous life, which is as a slave TOO!

description

2. Funny - He wants a better life for all of them yet he makes them his slaves, making them go nuts. Might as well just kill them.

description

3. Annoying. -Number One, Number Two, Number Three, Number Four, Number Five, Number Six, Number Seven, Number Eight, Number Nine, Number Ten, Number Eleven, Number Twelve and Number Thirteen. One more number and you'd find me dead, leaving a list of thirteen reasons why I fucking hate the book.

description

4. Cliche : The sick bastard fell for his slave and his stupid slave fell for him. You save me, I save you -_-

description

5. Boring - I might have officially became the Yawn Queen thanks to the book. I've read Tears of Tess, thank you, no need to fucking replay everything for me. -_-

description

6. Confusing - The Number thingy is one thing. The whole memory shit is another thing altogether. And the identities of the thirteen slaves is a whole different thing altogether. ~ Summon her. Touch her. Tell her some weird stuff in another language. Send her away. What on Earth is your fucking point?! Converse like a fucking normal person will you?!

description

7. Frustrating - Explain it in details, or don't explain at all. I can't magically understand everything if it's not explained!

description

8. Creepy: Bully. He was disfigured when he was a 13 just because another kid of age 16 was jealous of him. With dangerous chemical that is. This fucking creeped me out, A LOT! Over-the-top-creepy. 

description

9. Alarming - Now how am I gonna go out when some sixteen year old could disfigure me so easily out there?!

description

10. Meh : 

Him : Fear doesn’t leak from her pores like it does from the others; she’s strong and steady.

and

HER:

1. “Please,” I whimper, and in my current state of despair, I don’t really know what I’m pleading for.
2. ...I’m sobbing...
3. I flinch, not wanting him to touch me. 
4.Tears soak the blindfold on my eyes, and I try frantically not to make a sound as I sob.
5.My hands are shaking wildly,
I bite my lip so hard blood fills my mouth for the second time today.

Didn't know that that's how people show their bravery these days.. *I am getting old*

description

11. Sick : He did what he did because of what people did to him. From him to the slaves, to the bully and to the book, they were all sick. The slaves being physically sick, the master being mentally sick and the bully being mentally and physically sick (- his girlfriend saying that he wasn't handsome enough should qualify for this lol. 

description

12. Lacking : I wonder and wonder and wonder yet I never got my fucking answer from the book.

description

13. No no and fucking NO! : I am sorry but my fragile mind couldn't handle the absurdity of this book. 



I'll be completely honest with you, I'm never ever gonna suggest this book to anyone (unless when I am in my sadistic mode ;) ).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review