Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tears of Tess (Tears of Tess #1) by Pepper Winters

Posted by miss fifi at Thursday, October 03, 2013
Tears of Tess (Tears of Tess, #1)
Tears of Tess by Pepper WintersMy rating: 5 of 5 stars 

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.
For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.
But lusty paradise is shattered.
Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror.
Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.
Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?


My Thoughts:


4.5 Stockholm-Syndrome Stars! The 0.5 star was munched by...the BDSM elements in it.

*Holla People!* I'm feeling chatty today, so here's my rant for this book!

I am in tears

description

.......BECAUSE I'M JUST THAT HAPPY THAT I READ THE BOOK! (Please excuse my screaming, the lunatic in me just wouldn't stop being giddy :D)

It's official now, I have the Loving-the-Villain-Just-Because-He's-Hot Syndrome. Which means, I LOVED Q!!! (my fetish for hot Adonis is gonna be the death of me!). Well, since that sounds a bit twisted (yeah, even to me), I think its best to mention here that I hated him too!

Now, lets talk about the story. Here's a simple (with maybe spoilers, but whatever) recap for you to understand the book (if you haven't read it yet):

Tess got kidnapped. -> she got trafficked as a sex slave -> someone bought her -> she met her new master, Q -> things happened ->THE END!

How's my recapping skill? Brilliant right? (yeah, brilliantly not brilliant is still an acceptable compliment *bows*)

Since I could sense that the recap would not pass as a review, I came up with a synopsis for you guys, read below:

Here's my Tess..

description

and my Q..

description

This is their story..


It’s awoken and refuses to go back into the dark
every moment, of every second, of every heartbeat, I fight the urge to hurt
my resolve is weakening, my guilt lessening, my needs overpowering
I am not responsible for what happens to you, you provoked me, awoke me, excited me
my tongue aches for your blood, my heart beats for pain
fear is my calling card and I mean to earn your terror.



Tess was living a normal life but she wanted more. That's when something happened...

Three little words:
I was sold. - Tess


yeah that happened, beginning with her being kidnapped...

My happy, happy world dissolved and left me in hell. - Tess

Hmm what do people do when pushed into that kind of situation? Well, they break...but not Tess. She fought back!

No!
I couldn’t be sucked into depression and give up. I would never give up. I would fight until I died; I’d teach the kidnappers they stole the wrong girl if they wanted meek and broken. - Tess


But Q happened, halting everything.

description

Up till now, his face had been unreadable, but as we stared, flashes of emotion buffeted me. Anger. Interest. Annoyance. Resignation. And finally, in a blaze of jade… lust. - Tess

You are no longer whoever you were. You are to forget about your past ‘cause you will never see it again. - Q

and Tess's world was spun around again..Could it get worse? Yes it could.

They didn’t break you, but don’t think you can fight me. You won’t win. - Q

What do people do when fighting back seems to be a waste of time? They stopped trying, but not Tess...

description

I tried. I failed. I tried. I failed. It repeated, over and over. - Tess

However, repeating the same cycle just to get the same stupid ending seems to be a pointless thing right? So what do people do when faced with that? They dived into another world called 'acceptance'... And Tess did just that.

This was it. My new beginning. My new ending. - Tess

What will you do with me?”
“That is none of your concern.”
“You don’t think my future is any of my concern?”
“No. Because your future is mine.”


She became his slave and he became her master.

I was his pet. His. Through and through. - Tess

“You are no one’s but mine. Do you understand?” - Q

She lost her identity and started living a totally different life, controlled by Q...

No one would ever find Tess Snow again. She no longer existed. I am Ami Esclave. - Tess

Hmm, did I mention that our Tess is a fighter? Yeah, she accepted her fate already but at the same time she also accepted the challenge of changing that fate...by fighting back when she could.

“Recognise me. See me. I am your master.” - Q
“See me. I am not yours to torment.” - Tess


However, getting to know Q made her feel things and question matters...

Something lurked, dark and vile, but there was a human, as well as a monster, inside.

and slowly the terror and anger mingled with a growing excitement...

Two things I wanted most in the world: for Q to die a miserable death, and for him to fuck me. - Tess

and slowly she started craving the touch of the monster called Q..

I drowned in his scent, touch, taste, and sound. - Tess

Only think of me and what I’m doing. There is intimacy in pain, esclave. Let me make your pain my pleasure. - Q

and slowly she became a woman from her twisted fantasies...

I’m not a sweet, innocent girl who wants cotton candy and sonnets. I’m a fighter, a slut, a woman who needed to be taught her own body. - Tess

and slowly she opened up the way she never had before..

He gave me a new memory full of heart-breaking brutality. - Tess

He didn’t make my soul sing. He made it weep, and scream, and tear itself into pieces. - Tess

because...

I finally found a place where my twistedness belonged.
In Q’s arms. - Tess


and...

“Monsters find each other in the dark.”

description

It suddenly felt..perfect.

description

Your touch consumes me, frightens me, beguiles me
you want to capture me
I want to be your victim
you want to ruin me
I want to be your broken
you show me your darkness
and I’ll give you my light



...just for a while..because reality could be a harsh bitch..

You’re mine, esclave. And it isn’t a fucking happy ever after. - Q

and when it was harsh, it was harsh..

You’re asking for an impossibility. You’re asking me to love you. - Q

He told me not to leave, to remain rather than disappearing in my mind, but he left. - Tess

description

Broken and pained, what did she do? She set herself free...!


Your memory won’t leave my head
haunting me, hunting me, driving me crazy, I wish I were dead
every time I close my eyes, you’re there, ready to suck me into dark desires
reality is where I no longer want to be, my dreams are my salvation
I will cut you out, chop you up, break every bone in my body
if only it meant peace from your dark melody



-----THE END-----

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review