Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ninety Eight by Shannon Mayer

Posted by miss fifi at Saturday, October 19, 2013
Ninety EightNinety Eight by Shannon Mayer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Speed Limits
Lottery Tickets
Elevator Buttons

Numbers are everywhere—they play such a vital role in our everyday lives. But what would happen if we measured love with equations just as we do our morning cup of coffee? My nana had many recipes in her cupboards, but it was her calculations for love that she insisted I live my life by; and I’ve followed her rules all these years.

One Animal
One Moment
One Critical Impact

That’s all it took for the numbers to start flying in a jumbled mess through my brain as I stared into the violet eyes that would forever make me question my choices. In a split second, the possibilities and reality of true love are revealed and I’m questioning all I’ve ever known.

A Tree
White Fences
Stolen Moments

I can’t ignore the storm brewing around—and within—me. Everything I am is confronted by these new numbers, and all they represent. My past, present and future will all be determined by the gambles I make right here, right now. Again, it’s all about the numbers. 

And what I’m learning is, one plus one doesn’t always equal two and sometimes three times isn’t always the charm.

My Thoughts:


description

DNF at 22% (lol) because I am a loser LOL

description

This book:

description

description

Since I am a very chatty loser, I'll explain my reasons like a proud loser!

description

My only reason of not finishing the book is: I. Hated. The. Characters. With. All. My. Heart. Head. Hair. Arms. Torso. And. Legs.

description

Lets list the beloved characters to make it easier for you to understand my nonsense rambling.

1. ... what's her name again? ... I think it started with a B...nope, not a Bitch, you crude girl! ... hmm... F*ck! I couldn't even remember her name!!! *scrolls through book* Okay, people it's Brielle, Brielle McGraw. She was the heroine of the story.

2. ... Sh*t, I couldn't remember the dude's name too! ... *scrolls through the book, again* Okay fellas, this time it's Darwin, Darwin Alexander . He was the hero of the story.

3. Victor..I don't remember nor I want to remember his last name.. He was Brielle's fiance.
4. Fiona.. Since she was married to Darwin, I think her full name would be Fiona Alexander. She was Darwin's wife. 

description

Lets list why I hated didn't love them :)

description

Brielle ~ I strongly disliked her!

a) She was so damn judgemental! There was this moment when she freaking accused Fiona of being a spoiled brat.. after meeting her for less than HALF a day, all because she came from a rich family! First meeting, and then bam, she thought she f*cking knew everything that was Fiona.

I was not that kind of girl. I wasn’t like Fiona, who no doubt needed several people just to help her tie her shoes in the morning.

What a judgemental b*tch! I mean seriously, you don't f*cking know her, so don't f*cking dare to judge her! Do you even know that APPEARANCE isn't f*cking EVERYTHING??? She could be a rape victim for all you know!

and she didn't stop at that, she continued judging people by the few hours she spent with them..

I couldn’t help but compare him to Darwin, my mind pointing out their most obvious differences. Even just the physical difference of Darwin’s ripped body, which I’d done my damndest not to notice while he sat beside me in the hospital, next to Vic’s trim but soft body. If it had just been the physical, I could have brushed it off, but it was Darwin’s compassion for a complete stranger that had gotten under my skin.

Okay, that one's a nice assessment from someone as b*tchy as her..guess what's the reason? Because he was a guy and he was a hot one at that!!! Guess she was one of those bitchy girls who became an angel when it comes to a hot guy and a devil when it comes to.. women, as overall!

b) She was too proud of herself that I felt like puking whenever she bragged bout herself..e.g:

I couldn’t help but smile. “Dr. Winston, I’m sure we’ll find a way to work around her.” Which really meant that I would smooth things over like I always did and everything would be just fine. Though it wasn’t in my job description, scraping the shit off the ceiling after it went through the fan was a specialty of mine.

Hmm..that statement is exaggeration at its best because by 'smoothing things', she meant causing chaos because at the end of the day, she made a woman cry, got kicked by a horse and went unconscious, because of her 'smoothig things'..Yup, what a specialty!

c) She was a f*cking hypocrite.


“I don’t wrangle ponies. No, that’s not true. I only wrangle them when the handler is an idiot.”
His hands paused over the scissors. “You think the owner of that horse is an idiot?”
“She just doesn’t know what she’s doing. I’m sure she’s a very nice person. When she isn’t around horses and isn’t insulting people


You see..she called Fiona an idiot for insulting people, UNINTENTIONALLY (because Fiona was just a bit too naive..), but she FORGOT that she also insulted Fiona right in her face when she impatiently and RUDELY asked Fiona to stop handling a horse the wrong way saying that Fiona better let her do it properly...instead of POLITELY telling and showing her how to handle a horse properly. Other than that, she did insult Darwin too. And guess what? Since it's Brielle the Mighty, she didn't call herself a f*cking idiot too. Yup, our Brielle the Mighty was just that fair in her f*cking judgement :)

description

Darwin ~ I really disliked that man!

Well my reason would be easy, he was a SHITTY husband. When someone insults your WIFE, you f*cking stand for them instead of bashing her too! It doesn't matter whether you are mad at her or don't love her, you just stand for them because she is your f*cking WIFE and not some kind of SLAVE that you could degrade all you want. And this definitely is a LAW when your wife is some innocent woman who is a bit too bubbly for her own good!


“I … oh my God, I’m so sorry.” Embarrassment suffused me and I was quite sure that my cheeks lit up like lights on a Christmas tree. I covered my mouth with my hand, as if I could take back the things I’d said.
“Why are you apologizing?”
“Because … .” God, I couldn’t tell him what I really thought about her. I wracked my brain, had I said anything really nasty? That day was fuzzy now, and I couldn’t quite recall the words. Maybe I could brush it off … .
“For thanking me for shutting the door on her ‘insufferable voice’? For calling her an idiot horse handler?”
I groaned and lowered my head to the table, shaking one finger at the ceiling. “Yeah, kinda like that.”
“Don’t worry about it. I’ve said similar things, and she’s my wife.”


For God sake! That woman f*cking badmouthed your wife and you f*cking smiled and agreed with her? It didn't take a genius to figure out that you're an ASSHOLE husband. Clue in babe, what you said didn't fucking reflect your WIFE, it reflected your rotten heart!

description

Victor ~ I extremely disliked him.

He was a first-class jerk. But that wasn't what pissed me off..It's the fact that Brielle kept rubbing in my face the LIE that he was a good guy. Till the 22% point, she f*cking said that he was a good guy for 11 times! When the truth was he was the worst kind of bf ever!

a) She went unconcious because of an accident and was brought to a hospital. He was in a meeting, so guess what the good guy did? He continued with the meeting..Wow, that's a really sweet thing to do to your gf! -_-

b) He finally got to the hospital. His gf was still lying on the bed with a few stiches on her head. Guess what did he do? He f*cking started talking bout DEBTS she had instead of tending to her! What a really adorable topic! -_-

“Of course, of course, Baby. You just sleep. I’m going to go find the doctor and see when you’ll get discharged. We need to talk about your life insurance policy too. I’d never realized how dangerous your job was before this. Honestly, Baby, you could have been killed—all your debt would have ended up on me if we were married. And Frank’s reputation would have been tarnished if his stepdaughter died with unpaid debts. It wouldn’t be right, you know, not after all he’s done for you and your mom.”

c) She just got home from the hospital, suffering a bit of dizziness from a lil concussion.. Guess what the good guy did? Nope, not asking whether she needs anything to rest..In fact he didn't even want to let her rest.. So what did he f*cking do? He demanded sex!!! Wow, what a romantic thing to do! -_-


“I have a concussion. Were you paying attention at all to what the discharge nurse said? I have to be woken up every two hours, to be safe.” I turned my head to look at him and he caught my lips with his, his mouth hungry on mine.
I pulled away from him. “Vic, not tonight. I feel like I’ve been kicked in the head by a horse. Which, if you’ll recall, is exactly what happened to me.”
“But you’re okay, it’s not like you were hurt badly.”


What. The. F*ck?

description

Fiona ~ I kinda disliked her.

She was too f*cking bubbly to be real. Couldn't help but think about a HYPERACTIVE five year old gir whenever she was mentioned.

She was very pretty, perky and by the way she danced about, extremely excitable. ~~~~~ ...Fiona hopping from one foot to the other with obvious glee. ~~~~~ Fiona did some sort of cheerleader hop, kicking her heels back at the same time as she leapt in the air. Wow, perky was an understatement. ~~~~~ ...Fiona squeezing Dr. Winston in a hug, even going so far as to kiss him on the cheek. ~~~~~ She bounced backward out of his grasp, clapping her hands, her long brunette hair in a high ponytail that danced as if it was its own entity. ~~~~~ Fiona did a twirl so she faced us and was walking backwards. ~~~~~ I realized she didn’t even see that what she was saying was an insult. Fiona was clueless to the extreme. ~~~~~ Fiona had disappeared, chasing after one of the grooms... ~~~~~ Fiona jumped, yes jumped, to my side seemingly out of nowhere ~~~~~ The last horse of the day was an untrained stud colt—new to the barn—and he was wild. I mean rearing and bucking as Fiona led him down the hallway, his blood red coat shimmering in the light that ghosted through the barn. She squealed and danced in front of the horse, which only egged him on, sending him into orbit again and again. ~~~~~ I hadn’t expected her to burst into tears, worse, they weren’t the silent quiet tears a normal person might indulge in. She let out a wail, her screaming cry

description

The End.

description

Have you seen the rating?? Did I read the wrong book here? -_-

description

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review