Sunday, September 15, 2013

Unteachable by Leah Raeder

Posted by miss fifi at Sunday, September 15, 2013
UnteachableUnteachable by Leah Raeder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Lets meet Maise...

description

I was too young to care about boring adult jobs. I was still testing out how my heart worked. ~ Maise

and lets meet Evan...

description

“I see the lights every night. It seems like the whole world has figured out how to be happy, but no one’s letting me in on the secret.” ~ Evan

This is the story of how the two fucked up souls met and fell in love.

“I like that you’re kind of fucked up, because I’m kind of fucked up.”


He made her happier than she has ever been.

Wesley watched me through his phone camera.
“What are you looking at?” I said.
“Escaped mental patient.”
I loomed close to the lens. He tried to edge away. “Joke’s on you,” I said. “I never escaped. This is the asylum.”
“You’re fucking crazy,” he said admiringly.
“Just you wait.”


and they totall burned with sizzling chemistry..

Our gazes struck like flint and steel. And I realized that gunsmoke smell wasn’t ozone. It was us. We burned. ~ Maise

But when he's her teacher and she's her student, that sorts of f*cked things up.

There’s something so terrible about wanting something you’ve already had. You know exactly what you’re missing. Your body knows precisely how to shape itself around the ache, the hollowness that wants to be filled. ~ Maise

But when temptation and maybe love is too hard to resist will they be able to restrain themselves?

“Are you in love with him?”
I rolled my head on the plank to look at Wesley. “I don’t think I know what being in love is yet. But this is different than anything I’ve ever felt.”
“What’s it feel like?”
“Remember when you thought I was jumping off to kill myself?”
He winced.
“It’s like that,” I said. “But no one catches you. You’re just hanging over infinity.”


Will they go through every hurdles thrown at them unscathed or will they break?

“I can’t hold on to you. You’re like that shooting star. Just a trail of fire in my hands.”
And the Oscar goes to Evan Wilke, for putting the first fine, hairline crack in the ruby of my heart.


Go freaking figure it out yourseld, because I am not your freaking mother who's gonna read the book as a bedtime story for you ;)


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review