Friday, August 9, 2013

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley

Posted by miss fifi at Friday, August 09, 2013
Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)Bad Things by R.K. Lilley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

description

Since I am a bit tired right now with THIS BOOK, I will use a pretty different way to review this book. Yeah, you heard me right, this book TIRED me.

description

First of all, the title. "Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1)" . I love it. Does it suits the story? Not really. I'd prefer to call the book "Tiring Things (Tristan & Danika)", but I guess that will stay as an opinion of mine only.

description

Next, lets move to the synopsis. What was my first impression of the blurb? Impressed. But now that I have read the book, I realized that there's nothing more misleading than the blurb, well at least for me. So I went from impressed to depressed.

"Danika hasn’t had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier. " - 50% there and I was left wondering, where did the "hasn't had an easy life" come from? All I could gather is that 1. She had a distant relationship with her family which she didn't seem to love or miss at all 2. She just got cheated on by her ex, which she also didn't seem to love or miss. And the bad boy thing? The only bad boy that I knew in the book would be Tristan and only Tristan. And to be honest, that boy is NOT a Bad Boy!

description

"One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given." - Seriously, she made this up just because he was HOT! Other than that, she was just being freaking judgemental!

"She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise. So why did crazy have to feel so damn fine?" - to answer this, she was overreacting although I think there were hints that she was mentally unstable in the book

"For as long as she could remember, Danika had been focused on the future with single-minded purpose. Tristan came along and taught her everything there was to know about letting go, and living in the present. She fell, hard and deep. Of course, that only made her impact with the ground that much more devastating." - This part is the only part where not all of it are questionable.

"Bad Things is about Tristan and Danika, and their train wreck of a love story. This series can be read as a standalone, or with the Up in the Air series." - I would have replaced this with " Bad Things is just an awfully done Beautiful Disaster fanfic"

description

I was tempted to give this book a one star rating but I decided against it because there is a part that I enjoyed in the book which made it not so boring :3

View the Spoiler to read it. It's not much of a spoiler but I just love using the spoiler thing lol

(view spoiler)[‘THE FRIENDS DON’T LIST’ –
Because I like you too much to sleep with you

1. No sex, no making out, no kissing.

“No getting off and thinking about you?” I asked. Yes, I was trying to torment him.
He held up that finger that made me giggle again. He looked like he was thinking hard for a long moment, finally shaking his head. “Nope. Can’t do that. Sorry. It’s like saying I won’t get hard when I see you wearing a bikini. It would just be a lie. But I won’t torture you with the details, I swear.”
I nodded, still smiling. Teasing just never got old with him. He made it so much fun. He made absolutely everything fun. “The same,” I told him. “I’ll try not to be too loud when I cry out your name as I get myself off.”
He shook his head, looking pained. “So jacked up,” he muttered under his breath.
After a long pause, he started writing again without another word.

2. No getting jealous or complaining about who the other one is dating or hooking up with.

“That goes for you too, right?” I asked archly. “No hitting guys in bars for looking at me funny.”
“I didn’t hit him. I just choked him a little.”
“Um, yeah, that sounds worse than punching. Not helping your argument.”
He completely ignored that, writing.

3. We can hang out whenever we want, but we won’t call it a date, even if we’re doing date-like things

“Would oral be considered date-like?” I asked, just messing with him, as usual. I’d never been able to have sexual banter with a man that didn’t end up making me feel like shit. It was just the opposite with Tristan. For some reason, it made me feel warm and fuzzy every time.
He sent me a twisted grin. “I’m pretty sure that would be breaking the no kissing rule.”
“Pretty sure leaves wiggle room.”
He gave me a look that could only be described as longing. “I do love the way you wiggle.”
I giggled.
He went back to writing.

4. No nagging.

“That counts for you, too. No telling me when I’ve had too many shots. That’s for me to decide.”
He sent me an exasperated look. “Well, if you drink enough shots that you climb on the bar to dance, and some guy grabs you, don’t nag me for beating the shit out of him.”
“That sounds like a clear violation of rule number,” I pointed out.
“That’s not jealousy. That’s me being protective of my buddy.”
I rolled my eyes. It was a fine line.
He started writing again.

5. Always remember that we like each other too much to sleep together, and that sleeping together will ruin EVERYTHING.

6. If the words ‘I love you’ are ever mentioned, it will be assumed that it is in a friendship type context.

7. No talking dirty, or talking about dates with your vibrator.

He sighed, immediately crossing #7 out.

7. No talking dirty, or talking about dates with your vibrator.

“That one is just no fun at all,” he explained.
I giggled. Only Tristan could make me giggle.
He sent me a warm smile.
“I named my vibrator after you,” I told him with a smirk. “He’s small, but he makes up for it by working hard.”
He straightened, moving a little close to show me just how small he wasn’t. I backed up to the edge of the table, and he followed.
He gave me his sinful smile. “I’m big like this everywhere. Don’t make me prove it to you.”
I rolled my eyes. “Every guy says that. It would be refreshing to meet a guy that just admitted to being average-sized, or God forbid, small.”
He shook his head. “You want me to do something crazy. I see your game now. Not falling for it.”
I couldn’t hold back a smile, because I had been egging him on. The man was so outrageous, he’d do anything on a dare. I shrugged. “I’ll never know, but in my imagination it’s very clearly average, bordering on small. No way to change it.”
He pursed his lips, his fingers going to the button on his jeans.
I slapped my hands over my eyes, running away and giggling like a kid.
He overtook me in seconds, picking me up easily. He flung me over his shoulder, heading to the back door.
I knew where this was leading.
“Put me down!” I screeched between giggles. “I just washed my hair!”
“Every time you make me want to pull my dick out for you, for any reason, I’m throwing you in the pool. This is for the sake of our friendship, Danika.”
I was already flying through the air before he’d finished talking. I heard him say Danika right before my head went under.
The bastard. (hide spoiler)]




View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review