Monday, July 22, 2013

Thief (Love Me With Lies, #3) by Tarryn Fisher

Posted by miss fifi at Monday, July 22, 2013
Thief (Love Me With Lies, #3)Thief by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

*takes a deep breath*

WTF is that???

How many times can a heart be broken before it is beyond mend? How many times can I wish to not be alive? How can one human being cause such a crack in my existence? I alternate between periods of numbness and inconceivable pain all in the span of — an hour? An hour feels like a day, a day feels like a week. I want to live, and then I want to die. I want to cry, and then I want to scream.
I want, I want, I want…
Olivia.


My mind is in a huge mess right now. I really loved this book, but damn if I didn't hate it too! It was hard to decide on how many stars I should give to this spectacular book. In the end, the book really deserves the five stars rating.

I fell.
Hard.
For the rest of this life and probably the next.


So the book was written from Caleb's POV and we got to see how his mind works. See how he becomes obsessed with a girl named Olivia Kaspen.

Olivia Kaspen. A cross between Snow White and The Evil Queen.

They are skirting around evading each other while keep colliding with each other. And whenever there's a chance for a future, it gets ripped off them.

Why?
I think that every day.


Caleb has always loved Olivia. Always. But..

Olivia. I’ve lost her three times. The first was to impatience. The second was to a lie so dense we couldn’t work our way through it, and the third time — this time — I’ve lost her to Noah.

He has lost her so many times that he couldn't bear the thought of losing her anymore. He's willing to do anything to get her back.

She’s mine. She always has been, she always will be.

However, loving Olivia isn't easy. It is a very difficult task.

Lies, it sounds demented to want a woman’s lies. But, Olivia loves you with her lies.

He wants her. And she wants him too. But there's a few other people who keep intruding with their lives, and damn it, they let them do so!

And Olivia keeps doing what she's great at, pretending. Pretending like he doesn't matter. Pretending like she's okay. But Caleb is determined to play dirty too this time, even if it means that he has to be a THIEF.

I realize that she’s not a better person, just a better actress

Whatever happens, he's getting her back.

My competition is good. Undoubtedly he’s never lied to her, broken her heart or married another woman to spite her. But she’s mine, and I’m not giving her up without a fight this time.

She will be your destruction. She’s not healthy.”
I gently removed her hand from my arm. “Then let her destroy me.”


But is he willing to hurt other's hearts to protect his? And is he willing to let go when it's the right thing to do, especially when it's Olivia herself who demands him to let go?

“You’re right. I am a fool. But, as you can see, I’m a fool who never quite let go.”

And could he handle all the heartache that comes from loving Olivia?

My heart. If my heart had knees that’s where it would be — doubled over, throbbing from the pain.

Painful truth is ineffable. It swings you around a couple times until you’re dizzy, and then punches you hard in the stomach. You don’t want to believe it, but it wouldn’t hurt so badly if on some level you didn’t know it was true.

All the questions can be answered once you read the book. So what are you waiting for? Just read the book!

My thoughts:

(view spoiler)[To be honest, I loved the beginning and I loved the ending. What I didn't love much is what happened in between. Why? Because Olivia f*cked with my freaking brain! The whole damn book I felt like strangling her to death for messing with my Caleb. She kept pushing him away when it was so freaking obvious that she wanted him as much as he wanted her. SO WTF with her throwing the chance of happy ever after every now and then???? I felt extremely irritated everytime she freaking dared to be near my Caleb just to be a freaking tease! But in the end, Tarryn Fisher did a brilliant job with the book :D (hide spoiler)]

Does it end with a happy ending? (SPOILER!!!)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
..
..
..
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
..
YES!
Caleb finally stole Olivia!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review