Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Posted by miss fifi at Wednesday, April 10, 2013


Summary
Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe


My Thoughts
Sweet Dreams is my third Kristen Ashley's book and I really enjoyed reading it, almost as much as I enjoyed Motorcycle Man (well, that's on the top of my list lol). So, to simplify the summary, I'd say that the book was about a woman tryna find her 'special' in life and she kinda found it in the form of a sexy bounty hunter, Tate. Well, that's not so simple isn't it? lol. Okay, so like other Kristen Ashley's books, the hero was an alpha male (which made me a Kristen Ashley addict :D) and the heroine was a smart ass. Well, the killing and raping stuff was kinda scary for me but they kept me guessing, so I guess I really liked the story.


Spoilers
  • Laurie divorced her cheating husband, quit her job as an executive, and wandered around (her husband cheated on her for years, with her gold digging friend)

  • Laurie found Bubba, a biker bar and got accepted as a waitress there

  • Laurie met Tate, the bar owner and she overheard him calling her fat

  • They bickered a lot, but she kept her job

  • They made out, but as a bounty hunter Tate gotta work to find a psycho raper

  • Tate said in his biker language that once he got back Laurie will be his, but Laurie didn't get this and moved on because he didn't stay in touch with her for a month

  • Laurie heard that Tate was a player and when he got home, they fought again with Tate being pissed off and her being confused

  • A girl got raped and killed by a psycho raper

  • They ended up being together when Tate stayed with her when she was sad over her father being sick

  • Laurie's friend got raped and killed by the psycho raper

  • Laurie met Tate's ex, found out that he had a kid and they fought again

  • They got back together

  • Tate's ex got raped and killed by the psyco raper

  • Laurie stayed by Tate and his son's side

  • Laurie got caught by the psycho raper

  • The raper was Dalton, a bartender at Tate's bar

  • Laurie got hurt, but one of the bar regulars (who was close to them) saved her

  • The raper got caught, the mystery solved

  • Tate and Laurie got married


Rating
5 creamy cupcake :3



Excerpt :3

“Ace,” I heard Tate call and my eyes fluttered open.
My neck twisted and I saw he was sitting on the bed but was leaned down, forearm in the mattress, other hand on my waist, his face close to mine.
“What?” I asked, mind fogged with sleep.
“Curtains,” he answered and I closed my eyes.
“You can get them. That big home store, outside the mall. They have a wide variety,” I informed him and snuggled my head into the pillow.
“Laurie,” he called.
“Mm?” I answered.
“Babe, wake up,” he ordered and my eyes opened again.
I looked at the clock. It was just after eleven. Way too early. No way I was getting up.
I closed my eyes again.
His hand slid from my waist, to my hip and back to my behind as I felt his presence invade the space around me.
“Baby, you did my laundry,” I heard him whisper in my ear.
His words tugged forcefully at the sleep that had hold of me and my body tensed.
“And cleaned my house,” he went on whispering.
I turned my face partially into the pillow and pressed in as the edges of sleep started to separate with jagged little tears that I knew, from experience, would never mend.
“And the fridge,” he continued.
“Quiet,” I muttered, the word muffled in the pillow.
“Fridge is jammed, babe, more food than it’s ever seen.”
This was true. Seeing as I had a full, clean fridge for the first time in months, not to mention a kitchen, a couple of days before I went a little nuts at the grocery store.
“Go away,” I mumbled.
“We got grape Kool-Aid.”
“Go. Away.”
“In a new pitcher.”
I turned my face fully into the pillow and groaned.
His beard tickled my shoulder and then his lips kissed me there.
“Sweet pitcher, babe. Never owned one of those.”
In the window of the little country shop (that happened to be two doors down from the grocery store) they had these adorable, big, old-fashioned glass pitchers with a beautiful shape, dimpled glass and they were tinted pink. Now Tate had this pitcher.
They also had matching glasses. Tate probably didn’t look but the glasses were in the cupboard.
I lifted my head, his body jerked back a foot and I glared at his grinning, arrogant, beautiful face.
“Go! Away!” I snapped and then suddenly I was on my feet by the bed and just as suddenly I was in front of Tate, his hands at my hips, and I was moving toward the bathroom. “Tate!”
“Seein’ as you’re up, time to shower,” he stated, shoving me into the bathroom.
I twisted my head around and gave him a look.
“You think you’re funny but you… are… not.”



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review