Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blind Obsession by Ella Frank

Posted by miss fifi at Thursday, April 18, 2013

Summary

Obsession, defined as the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire....

Chantel Rosenberg's passion for music and life had never shone brighter than the time she spent in Bordeaux France. It's a time when feelings arose and desires ran deep, a time that fundamentally changed her life.

A man living in seclusion, Phillipe Tibideau is haunted and plagued by memories he cannot disregard. Choosing to live a quiet life in his Chateau surrounded by the vineyards of France, he's left his passion for art behind. 

However, the time has arrived to tell his side of a tale. A tale that has depicted him as a 'beautiful monster' and he's finally allowing someone close.

Close enough to ask questions. Questions he's not sure he wants to answer. Questions about her.

For up and coming journalist Gemma Harris, the pursuit of truth is what drives her and when a job of a lifetime presents itself there is nothing in the world that will stop her from taking it. Even if it does mean leaving her home for several months to stay at Chateau Tibideau, with him.

This is a story of what happens when three passionate lovers collide and the desire for truth, art and music merge.

Chateau Tibideau is a place full of unanswered questions, dark sinful desire and a beauty so hauntingly sad it will have you wondering how you will ever leave the same....

My Thoughts

Honestly, I really don't know how to describe this book, no words could. This book was such an emotional read that kept me addicted to the mystery of a man called Phillipe. It was a tale of the past which collided with the present. Everything was supposed to be simple, Gemma was chosen by Phillippe to write the truth about what happened between Chantel and Phillipe. She was supposed to correct the world's perspective of the tragedy that is Phillipe and Chantel. But what happened was more than that. Phillipe was always in love with Cantel. Their love was untouchable. But when Gemma stepped into the picture, the past mingled with the present, and Gemma was left thinking where she stood in the equation. Phillipe couldn't let go of Chantel. And Gemma was falling in love with both of them, the broody living Phillipe and the beautiful dead Chantel. It scared her, but at the same time it fascinated her. Did Gemma love Phillipe? Yes. Did Chantel love Phillipe? Yes. Did Phillipe love Chantel? Yes. Did Phillipe love Gemma? That's a question that you could answer only after you read this book. :)

Excerpts

* * *
“Let me go!” I demand, attempting to twist my arm away from him.
Releasing my chin, he pulls my arm back behind me and gathers me up close to him. My breasts press against his chest as I feel a second tear slip free down my cheek.
“I can’t let you go, Gemma,” he rasps fiercely, leaning forward. “That’s the whole fucking problem.”
Suddenly, I can’t stand the thought of his mouth on mine. I have my pride, and he just walked all over it. As I turn my head to the side, I’m shocked when I feel his tongue against my skin. He licks the tears from my cheek, and then his mouth is at my ear.
“Trust me, I’m not what you want, Gemma. I’m not what you need,” he whispers, stressing his last word. “Don’t waste your time loving me.”
Moving back to face him, I find myself staring into intense green eyes that are pleading with me to understand.
“But you’re who I have come to love,” I confess, finally allowing my head to catch up to my heart.
His eyes search my face, like he’s trying to find something, before he releases me abruptly. Walking away, he mutters, “Then, you are a fool.”
Crossing my arms over my chest, I watch him stop at the easel in the corner. I have to agree with him. I am the biggest fool of all.

* * *

I feel as though my heart is being pulled in two separate directions, yet neither direction is the right path for me to choose. She is no longer here, but he won’t let her go. So, where does that leave me? Well, that’s easy. I’m left alone.

* * *

When did this story morph? When did it change from a tale of two to a tragedy of three?

* * *

“Are you afraid because I love you?”
His eyes run over my hair, my eyes, and finally my mouth.
Licking my lips, I take the final leap. “Or because you love me, too?”

* * *

Spoilers

If I could say a word i this, I wouldn't advice you on reading the spoilers first before you read the book..because it will spoil the fun! Anyway, that's none of my business so here's the short summary of everything that happened in the book.

  • Gemma went to interview Phillipe and she stayed at his house
  • Everyone said nasty things about Phillipe but he chose her to unravel the truth
  • Gemma was supposed to unravel the mystery of the tragedy that befallen Phillipe and his blind lover, Chantel
  • Gemma interviewed Phillipe and he gave her a journal to read, Chantel's journal
  • Gemma started to understand the passionate love Chantel had for Phillipe and Phillipe love for Chantel
  • Gemma wanted Phillipe's trust and vice versa
  • Phillipe ended up painting a nude Gemma, just like he used to do with Chantel
  • Gemma got so hooked to the journal about the passionate relationship Chantel used to have with Phillipe and she ended up wanting Phillipe
  • They had sex
  • Gemma loved Phillipe, while Phillipe was still in love with Chantel
  • Gemma knew Phillipe was still in love with Chantel, and just like him, she got infatuated with Chantel
  • They had sex with the 'presence' of Chantel
  • Finally, it was revealed that Chantel died in a river, she was stuck but as requested by her, Phillipe didn't ask for help and stayed with her till she died.
  • People said that Phillipe just didn't care that she died, when he was just granting her wish.
  • Gemma's job was finished and she went home to US.
  • One day, she got a painting from Phillipe.
  • It was her painting, but the reflection in the mirror was Chantel.
  • Phillipe loved her just as much as he loved Chantel (meaning, he loved two people at the same time)
  • In a note, he wrote that he and 'Chantel' still hadn't let Gemma go although she had left and that both Gemma and Chantel was his.
My Rating

5 Haunting Cupcakes






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spoiling the Fun Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review